Thursday, October 16, 2014

Where it All Started


Alpha Sigma Alpha is a National sorority with chapters all over the United States. Also known as "ASA" they were founded in Farmville, Virginia at Longwood University in November 15, 1901. Five women started the sorority started as close friends Virginia Lee Boyd (Noell), Juliette Jefferson Hundley (Gilliam), Calva Hamlet Watson (Wootton), Louise Burks Cox (Carper) and Mary Williamson Hundley. With the start of ASA the sorority branched out and moved all over the United States and my luck they came to Bloomsburg University.
My name is Caroline Spignesi, I am one of the members of the Alpha Sigma Alpha, Delta Chi chapter here at Bloomsburg University. I joined my Freshman year Spring semester of 2013. It was one of the best decisions I have ever made. ASA is full of fun, lively and beautiful women who I have grown so close to within the last 2 years and consider all of them my best friends.
I started this blog for my PR class and what better topic to talk about weekly then my sorority. ASA participates in community service all over campus as well as off campus with our philanthropies. Some of ASA philanthropies are: Girls On The Run, Relay For Life, Special Olympics and S. June Smith Center. ASA is always willing to give back to the community.
As the weeks go on through out this semester I will be keeping you updated with events and community service that we would like to share with you.


Bug Love <3





No comments:

Post a Comment